Monsters

Monsters (IMDB)
(2010)


I didn’t really know what Monsters was about, I just remember that the reviews were rather good, so I ended up renting it, expecting some sort of Cloverfield.
It did remind me of it, for about one minute, and I guess that any destructive alien is bound to remind me of Cloverfield from now on.
Far far underneath, it is the same: people trying to get away from death, but it is more of a “journey” film and a sort of road movie, than an action film. You also only see the creatures a few times

The pace is much slower than I expected, although dotted by some violent scenes, and the landscape is beautiful: all of this is just a excuse for the interactions between the 2 main characters.
It also is rather open ended, which I liked. Very well done considering how low budget this film was, and I am quite looking forward to Gareth Edward's next project.
All in all, an hour and a half of film happiness for me.

Comments

Popular Posts