News Round Up 12 Sep 2013, the Awesome Birthday Edition

Yesterday was my birthday and it probably one of the best ones I'd had in ages.
The day started well. I have been watching an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia with my morning cup of coffee (It's my second run through all 8 seasons, season 9 having just started in the US), and yesterday morning's was one of my favourite episodes, The Nightman Cometh, as not only does it make a clever allusion to one of the most boring plays I ever had to read, but it is also one of the few musicals I can ever listen to with pleasure.It is, also, hilarious. If you have never watched Sunny in Philly, you should. It's brilliant. The whole musical is on Youtube.
Later, I got to meet Professor Richard Wiseman, who is one of my heroes, and he was nice enough to sign my copy his fantastic book Quirkology.
My book is fairly old, it has been read a few times, and it's coming apart, which pleased him more that if I had a brand new one. That positively made my day.
I also got myself a teeny weeny Nexus 7 which is soo soo soo pretty. And geeky me is really happy!




In the news:
- Derek Jacobi could have been Hannibal Lecter. And he would probably have been just as terrifying.
- Yay. 4th Jurassic Park. Huzzah! To me, the best thing about Jurassic Park is this. It is great!
- Tom Hiddleston will be in the next Del Toro's film. Am I upset Benedict won't be? Curiously, no. 

That's all, folks!

Comments

Popular Posts