News Round Up 24 May 2014

Sometimes, I let weeks go by and later wonder how I managed not to do a news round up for 2 months.
Well, it's been fairly busy. 
I had a few days off and went to lovely Bristol. Bristol is cool
I also applied for a new job, and was successful, and I will start in June, but I already went to a meeting - in Dubai. I was only there for 2 full days, and didn't have much time to myself, but managed to snap a few good pictures
I was a bit disappointed with the film selection on the plane - there weren't many I had not seen (guess that's what happens when you go to the cinema at least once a week), so I read a lot. I did watch Frozen, which was OK but I really don't get the hype, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit which I quite enjoyed, and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which was very sweet and much better than the reviews suggested.
On the ground, I did see Calvary, which was just great, the Lunchbox, Salvo, The Double, Captain America, the Lego Movie, The Past and Under the Skin. All good films in their own different ways.
In the news, well it's Cannes until tomorrow, but that's the only mention it will get here.
- Gerard Depardieu might be sued over a film about Dominic Strauss-Kahn
- A sequel to Blade Runner with possibly Harrison Ford? WANT!
- A Harry Potter spin-off? Directed by Alfonso Cuarón? Count me in.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. That's the official title now.





Comments

Popular Posts