News Round Up 15 May 2015

I got back last night from a 4 day meeting in Berlin. That was exhausting (very long days), but rewarding: I made new friends and saw colleagues from places as far as South Africa, Iran or Kazakhstan. I was given a golden camel as a present from Saudi Arabia - sounds weird, but in Dubai last year I really wanted to go hug a camel (no, that's not a weird metaphor) and lots of tea, straight from Kenya. 
There was much partying and laughing, which is always good, not much time for tourist business, unfortunately, apart from a 2 hour bus tour of the city on which my friend and I jumped right after checking in our hotel, needless to say there wasn't much time for picture taking, but still I managed to take some

Berlin is great, by the way, and Berliners know how to do a good mushroom burger. 

A few links I have collected over the past month:
- A funny movie review is always a treat, a lot of them destroying the same film are a rare thing to be savoured.
- Mike Leigh's new film on the Peterloo massacre
- Dawn of Injustice's trailer leaked on line. Boohoo, it's just a trailer, people.
- Awesome Ian McKellen will be in Beauty and the Beast.
- Apparently, Jared Leto is the new Joker and the Internet is not amused.
- An article explaining why Hot Fuzz is a great film, which actually made me want to watch the damn film again. And Shaun of the Dead.
- Predicting the Apple watch in 1981.
- A possible 5th Indiana Jones film, either with Mr Ford or (please, please, please) Chris Pratt.
- No Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man anymore?? (Sad face)- Some updates on the Assassin's Creed film.
- Uncharted movie???? Not sure how I am feeling about this.
- Fancy some free Mouse Rat songs? You're welcome.


Pitch Perfect 2 is out - so that's my Monday evening sorted. 
Have a good week end, everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts