News Round-up... And Bits and Bobs 14 January 2012

New year, new addiction to Skyrim... What I thought was a harmless end of year present to myself is ending up eating all of my free time!
A few things happened this week:
- James Franco calls for Andy Serkis Oscar recognition for mo-cap turn. As I saw the film recently and don't recall thinking "Oh, that monkey is very well done" I would agree.
- Dustin Hoffman tries his luck with TV series gamble. I would very much like to see that.
- Bridesmaids 2 may make it to the altar without Kristen Wiig. I am so fed up with sequels at the moment...
Naked Man In La Redoute Children's Clothing Ad Gives Company PR Pain. Just because it is France related AND made me giggle. 
- The Artist could face Hollywood backlash in awards season: Silent arthouse film urged to play down French origins. Now that's a whole new level of stupid, it's a SILENT film for God's sakes!
Sarah Polley to direct adaptation of Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace. I like Atwood, so yay!
- Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh to team up for literary adaptation. Another good news!
- Best new of the past week: Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the new Star Trek. Yeepee! :D
- Apostrophes aficionados will be happy to read this. I love the indirect link to the Oatmeal's awesome grammar lesson. I also campaign in my office for appropriate use of apostrophes. Yes, I am that sad.


Finally, a few things that made me giggle:

Come on, have a guess!
And lastly...



If you don't get it, you need to see this film, because it's fab.


Happy week end, everyone!!









Comments

Popular Posts