(Mini) News Round Up 5 Mar 2013, the San Francisco Edition

I am in San Francisco this week and I am all San Francisco-ed out already. The jet lag is taking its toll - I have been waking up at 5 am since Saturday morning.
I don't think I look as bad as some of my colleagues (we all were super rock'n'roll and were in bed by 10 pm last night - not in the same bed, I have to point out), and I caught what I now call a healthy Californian glow (aka a red nose from sun exposure).

On the plane, I watched Premium Rush (very silly yet very enjoyable, and  I like Joseph GL as you might know), Dredd (that was accidentally funny, and you never get to actually see Karl Urban, so that was meh), Argo (which was OK, some very good scenes), Breaking Dawn part 2 (I know... I KNOW, shut up! I watched it because Mark Kermode said it was fun) and finally saw Skyfall in English. The French version was actually not badly translated, just the French voice for Daniel Craig was a bit weird.

In the news:
- The NY Times on violence on screen
- Choosing music for films, looks like a hard job...
- Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe to be Cinderella and Igor (as in Frankenstein's assistant). Could be interesting.
- Harrison Ford in the Anchorman sequel
- Omar Sy will be in X-Men First Class sequel. Hope his English is up to scratch.


In Games news:
- Tomb Raider is out today (huzzah)
- The DLC for DMC, Vergil's Downfall is apparently out tomorrow (huzzah too)Even though I will have to get back to the UK to play either of these - BOO!

Finally, because I am in California and my favourite band, Pavement, is from this state, I shall post a few videos of some of their fantastic songs.
Have a listen to Shady Lane,  Cut Your Hair, Range Life, Gold Soundz and Grounded, probably my favourite song of theirs.

San Fran, I likes you...

Comments

Popular Posts