Bus Story

I had a 2 day meeting in London a couple of weeks ago.
After the meeting, I walked to Tottenham Court Road to stock up on Korean food (I had ran out of Kimchi!) and then took the bus back to King's Cross.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Korean_food-Packed_kimchi-01.jpg
WANT!
On the bus, there were a few French women, obviously getting the Eurostar back to Paris. How can I tell it was Paris? Their accent!
They first got told off by an older woman for not watching their suitcases which started to roll all over the bus. That is not the funny part (although it sort of was).
After Euston, one of them asked "What station are we getting off at?" (In French, obviously) and one answered "St Pancreas".
It was hard to keep a straight face and pretend I didn't understand what they were saying - I tend to do that a lot.
I told this to one of my workmates who laughed too, but I told him that I'd heard it before, from an English woman on the train, one time I was going home.
So he googled St Pancreas and found this explanation, which I find funny :D

Comments

Popular Posts