Kinda News Round Up 11 October 2014

Waow, what a few months!
My new job is going well, thank you very much, but it is very busy.

June and July were fairly uneventful, mind, but still busy.
Things changed from August, when I had a week off and spent 5 days in Tuscany for my mum’s birthday (pictures here), then September came and I had a 4 day meeting in Amsterdam, which was very busy (for a change) and we only managed to spend a few hours in town (Pics here).  Three days later, I was heading to Seoul, and from where travelled within Korea to Jejudo by plane (Pics) and Busan by KTX (Pics). I only spent a few days in Seoul but managed to take a few more pictures, obviously.  
My next trip? Well I am off to Istanbul in 10 days, and then straight to Barcelona - for work, and all in the same week. No rest for the wicked.
I have been watching Parks and Recreation in between everything and it’s very very funny.
Since Watch Dogs, I have played Diablo 3 for the PS4 (Yes, I had it on PS3) because it looked fantastic and there’s multiplayer (It is still very good). I also have managed to sink a few hours in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor because it looked awesome (and Troy Baker) and it is a lot of fun indeed. 
I also pre-ordered Civilization: Beyond Earth and Dragon Age: Inquisition, also there are 2 Assassin’s Creed games that are coming out next month, and I have NO IDEA when I’m going to find the time to play them all. 

At the cinema, I have seen Guardians of the Galaxy (my favourite film so far this year,), Boyhood (very very good), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (good), Begin Again (good), Belle (good), 22 Jump Street (very funny), Fruitvale Station (good), Maleficent (good), X-Men: Days of Future Past (very good).
On the plane, the film selection wasn’t too great. I saw SpiderMan 2 (alright), Divergent (boring), Godzilla (boring), Chef (alright), Snowpiercer (again, I know, but yay), X-Men (again), Captain America (again), started watching Transcendence and got very bored so gave up and read instead.
I failed to go see Gone Girl 2 weeks in a row - I had to work late both times and missed the showings I had booked. That was a bummer, but it will happen, eventually.


In the news?
Well, I spotted a few things: 
- Dick Van Dyke has a famous accent. He is being teased for it. Oh well.
- About Michael Keaton, my favourite Batman.
-  The BBFC is trying to fight spoilers. You go board!
- Lady Ghostbusters? Can't decide if good or bad idea
- Hugh Grant too old for rom-coms? Possibly.
- I have never seen Grease, but know enough of the story that this analysis made me giggle.
- From the same author, what looks like the best Walkind Dead episode EVER! I don't like Carl either.

That's all for now. I'm off to check vacuum cleaners. Rock'n'roll!

Comments

Popular Posts