News Catch-up 22 March 2015

So yeah, Val, what’s that about? You don’t call, you don’t write…
I know, I know. It’s been a hell of a beginning of the year.
I thought, you know, that I had things planned and quite a lot of time to myself, but that was without taking some unexpected work trips into account.

While I was supposed to go to Switzerland in January and Rome in February - and nothing else until May but a trip home, I ended up going to Switzerland twice in 10 days, to Rome and to South Africa. Oh and to France but that was for fun so that doesn't really count.

So yes, I had to go to Johannesburg pretty much straight from my long weekend in France and flew 11 hours each way for a 3.5 day meeting - straight from plane to meeting via hotel for quick shower, I am getting better at this.
One of my team mates suggested I flew to Cape Town for the week end because “Cape Town is amazing!”. So I booked a day off and went and Cape Town is beautiful indeed, people are friendly, the food is great. And the weather was fantastic, I also got to meet up with a friend I had not seen in a very long time. And of course I took lots of pictures. I even have a slight tan, so all in all a good trip.


So, what do I remember from the past 3 months?

- Well, Boyhood did not win an Oscar, which was crappy.- There was a lot of talks about Ghostbusters, both female and male teams.

- A Zoolander 2, and this funny article about how the first film predicted some (annoying?) fashion trends.
- A quiz on 80s film remakes
- An article on one subject dear to my heart: dubbing- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Fraggle Rock. I nearly did a little dance. - The Assassin’s Creed film that everyone (me) has been talking about for a while has entered production. Still with Fassbender as Desmond, apparently. - This was great. It is one of my favourite shows back home, and it’s great. - This is a bit old but it makes me giggle everytime: Skyrim in 25 seconds
- I remember posting something similar before, about the guy who made up the Dothraki language for Game of Thrones.

- The reviews for The Order:1886 were very disappointing, which was a shame because the game looked good. 
- If you didn’t play DMC: Devil May Cry two years ago, do it now. It’s a great game. 

On a last note, anyone watched the rugby yesterday? What an afternoon that was!

Smart advice for anyone


Comments

Popular Posts