Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane (IMDB)
(2009)
Yay!
Rarely do I spend ages deciding how much I like a film and  this one was a tricky one.
I have to say that the overall experience was spoilt by the very cheesy and predictable final 15 minutes, but the previous 85 or so were very very good.
So overall, it was really enjoyable, especially the scenary of England devastated by plague.
James Purefoy is an unlikely action hero who holds his ground very well and Pete Postlethwaite brought his usual amount of serious and dignity. Other, less well known actors were quite watchable too.
And maybe I was just in the mood for something silly, with lots of action and not so ridiculous dialogues and this film hit the spot.



Edit 5 Jan 2011: I delayed posting this until the new year and found out a couple of days ago that  Pete Postlethwaite had passed away. :(

Comments

Popular Posts