News Round-Up 15 March 2014 - The VERONICA!!!!!!!!! Edition

So, Val, "How is the Veronica Mars film?", you ask?
Well, I liked it. A lot. From the reviews I've read this morning, a few people are a bit disappointed, others, like me,
aren't.
It was nice to get back to the familiar characters, it felt like reuniting with friends you haven't seen in a long time but chat to like you saw them the day before. It is definitely going to get watched again this week end, and I am considering diving back to the series once again.


I have seen a few other things recently, like Dallas Buyers Club, The Invisible Woman, Out of the Furnace, Inside Llewyn Davis and August: Osage County. All good apart from August, which had a few good bits but mostly was boring with really horrible characters. Possibly the worst film I went to see in a very long time. The only redeeming thing was lovely Benedict, in my humble opinion. 
I also saw The Wind Rises and it was beautiful. Highly recommended.

In other news, I am playing South Park: The Stick of Truth (Trailer here). And it's REALLY funny. Although, *spoiler alerts* I am stuck late in the game trying to disarm a snuke, which is getting annoying now as I can't figure out what I'm not doing properly.

In the proper news:
- Four Weddings and a Funeral is 20 years old :O
- Idris Elba will voice Shere Khan
- 12 Years a Slave isn't popular with American Republicans, which is one more reason to like this amazing film.
- Fargo as a TV series?
- Jackie Chan is going to manage a K-Pop band? There is a lot of WTF associated with this.
- "Movie trailer voiceover legend" dies. Which reminded me of one of my favourite comedies of last year "In a World"
- A remake of The Birds? Produced by Michael Bay??? I don't know what to say.
- The Last of Us will be made into a film. And once again I find myself wishing this isn't going to be screwed up in the process

That's all, folks! Now off to the pub to watch the last day of the Six Nations.




Comments

Popular Posts