Up In The Air

Up In The Air (IMDB)
(2009)

First time watch: 25 August 2010
Yay!
Why yay?

Well, the story is extremely compelling, I thought. 
I was originally going to have a bit post on how the French title, In the Air, was a blatant display of rule 3 etc. But I'll just leave it as that. Stupid French title.
George Clooney is a guy whose job it is to fly all across the US to fire people. A new girl in the office has the brilliant idea to sack people via web-cam. To prove her wrong, he takes her on a plane trip with him. 
Despite me having gone off Clooney, I found him extremely believable as the bachelor who is quite happy with his one night stands... Until he meets a woman who might get him to change his views. It looks like it's going to be a happily ever after. But it's not.
One of my friends criticised the ending to be lame. George Clooney goes on like nothing happened after his brief romance.
I guess that is a way of saying that, rather than being hurt again, he'd rather feel close to no one. That is a view that a lot of people might share. But no one wants to see that much cynicism at the end of a Hollywood film, I guess...

Comments

Popular Posts