News Round Up 29 July 2013


After the Korean monsoon, I have to experiment the English one... Who would have thought?


- Gone Girl really is on its way and Rosamund Pike has joined the cast. The book has been on my tablet to read for yonks, but it's at the bottom of my (virtual) pile so that won't happen for a while...
- The muscles from Brussels is being rebooted - after having had to sit through his Corrs ads at the cinema, I can't think of anything worse... I just hope he's not going to be in these films...
- JJ Abrams wants to quit Star Wars? That was quick!
- Despicable Me 2 censored in China, but the Smurfs seem ok. What a smurfing joke!
- Carey Mulligan joins a film about the suffragette movement. I can't wait for this.
- This will make some of my friends happy: "The Alan Partridge film" (Official title: Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa) will be out in less than 2 weeks, and AP was in Norwich for the film première.  He also talked about the royal bé
- A very good article by very good games writer Keith Stuart about "gamer rage". I don't get gamer rage, I get gamer disappointment.
Same Keith wrote an excellent piece on "
why all the video game dystopias work the same way". 
I was very excited to get The Last of Us (Yes, I have a PS3), and I managed to play the grand total of 2 hours on it since I got my hands on it nearly 2 months ago. Yup, been busy. Next thing you know, Diablo 3 will be out, then Beyond: Two Souls, then Watchdog and/or the PS4 - whichever comes first, and then 2013 will be over. Scary thought!

Made me giggle. 





Comments

Popular Posts