Seoul - day 8

Decided to be super lazy on my last day here, so went on the city bus tour.
It was a fairly comprehensive tour but the commentary was a bit of a let down - basically 1 sentence per stop.
The guides were rather bossy and didn't look happy that I would not commit to a stop to get off at. The conversation went like this a few times:
"Why didn't you get off at xxx?
- I changed my mind.
- Aren't you visiting Palaces?
- I have already. This is my last day here and I will stop when I see something I haven't visited yet."
Which took a while.

I ended up in Insadong for a bit of light shopping, where I finally managed to get my hands on hoddeok (also known as hotteok). And a new awesome hat (not pictured).

This isn't hoddeok.
I took the bus again and stopped for dinner - and I finally had gimbap and ddeokbokki.
After dinner, I bus-ed up Namsan to N Seoul Tower to watch the sun set.
A group of Chinese women asked to have their picture taken with me. Which felt extremely weird. And I wasn't even the only westerner there... And I am not even blonde...Maybe they thought I was famous or something... Or that I just look funny :-P


After a while I decided it was time to go back to the hotel and pack, to avoid getting up earlier than I should the next day.
It was a slow, sad walk back down.














Comments

Popular Posts