News Round Up 31 August 2013

I realised yesterday how often I have been to the cinema these past 2 months.
Recently, I saw The World's End, in which I spotted my flat a couple of times. It was a very funny film.
I saw Pacific Rim, which I enjoyed a lot despite its silliness (must be the Del Toro factor. And Idris Elba).

I saw Before Midnight, which was so brilliantly acted it ached to watch Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke at times, a great conclusion to the trilogy (although hoping this isn't the end),
I saw Breathe In, which was also good, and Guy Pearce and Felicity Jones were great.

And I saw Only God ForgivesFrom the reactions of my fellow cinema goers, I don't think anyone was as taken with this film as I was. It is a bit gory, sometimes grotesque, but it's visually that the film did it for me, it was at times beautiful. It also reminded me of a few Korean "vengeance" films, where the main character appears to be the good guy, not because he's necessarily a good guy, but because he is better than the people around him. 



- A Luther film??? Yes, please!!!
- Ben Affleck will not only be Batman once, but several times, apparently. Am I the only one who is glad it's not silly voice Bale again?
- Whoever thought adapting Amelie to be a musical was a good idea? Well Jean-Pierre Jeunet says you're an idiot, too. For reference: I profoundly dislike musicals.
British film school voted world's best as it scoops student 'Oscars'- Kevin Spacey says multi-medium film releases would help beat piracy. Talking about piracy, this little thing made me giggle. 
- A Fantastic 4 and X-Men combined film?
- The man who originally played Darth Vader doesn't like the Star Wars prequel much. You and me both, pal, you and me both.
- Reality Bites as a TV series??

- Mind Your Language on how to use apostrophes, which I should forward to many people I know.
- The Oatmeal on who vs whom. Archer is good at that too.







Comments

Popular Posts