Surrogates/Clones

(Clones)


I like a good sci-fi flick as much as the next geek, and I usually manage to watch pretty much everything, but there was something about Surrogates that made me give up within 25 minutes. Why? I was bored! Despite Bruce Willis.
"People are living their lives remotely from the safety of their own homes via robotic surrogates - sexy, physically perfect mechanical representations of themselves. It's an ideal world where crime, pain, fear and consequences don't exist. When the first murder in years jolts this utopia, FBI agent Greer discovers a vast conspiracy behind the surrogate phenomenon and must abandon his own surrogate, risking his life to unravel the mystery."
Oh, mystery makes me regret giving up at the "first murder in years" part :).
So yeah, the robots/androids are remotely operated by the humans. Last time I checked, that wasn't the definition of a clone. Anyone with any basic biology knowledge would know better. 
It would be like calling the replicants in Blade Runner "clones". 
But, as always, the French completely ignored rules of logic and common sense and picked a title that seemed cool.
Admittedly, there's no direct translation for surrogate in French. Surrogate mother would be translated as "mère porteuse". But "substitut" could have been used. It would have been slightly more accurate than clone.


Funky looking Willis, eh?
Right now, I wish I could use my surrogate to go kick some bums for this...

Comments

Popular Posts